AANR-West is a nonprofit California corporation affiliated with the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR). AANR is based in Kissimmee, Flordia. We have more than 8,000 members in the western region scattered throughout Hawaii, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Colorado and Wyoming, and the western half of Mexico.
Our mission is to inform people about the benefits of social nudism, and in so doing, foster a just and tolerant appreciation of the human person and body in all its aspects. We promote the understanding and liberty that people may achieve by practicing body acceptance through social nudism. We also:
- Work to establish, maintain, and foster the establishment of private clubs, parks, resorts, health centers, clothing-optional beaches and other public land for the enjoyment of social nudism.
- Lawfully advocate, and, in combination with others, seek the establishment and maintenance of laws and traditions in any jurisdiction as will facilitate and provide for these purposes.
- We support the right of people of all ages to enjoy clothing-optional recreation in places they consider appropriate, regardless of national origin, gender, sexual preference, or special need.
- We endeavor to foster, encourage, develop and maintain cordial relations between AANR-West and other organizations, unaffiliated groups and individuals interested in promoting social nudism.
In addition, we support, develop and promote nude recreational activities. At AANR-WEST we support the right of people of all ages to enjoy clothing-optional recreation in appropriate places, regardless of national origin, gender, sexual preference, or special need. Because nude recreation carries a stigma, we make every effort to communicate the difference between the clothing-optional way of life and sexual activity. They are two very different things!
We are people very much like you. We are individuals and families who enjoy learning, socializing, and having fun, only in a clothing-optional environment. Many are politically-minded, voting across the spectrum. In general, naturists come from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds, are well-educated, and are tolerant of others’ beliefs.
AANR-West has 27 organized clubs and thousands of members within our jurisdiction, plus countless beach groups using hiking trails, hots springs, and private backyards—where people may enjoy such activity today. We do our best to represent them and foster their growth. We offer of opportunities for our members to become involved in the community. They include:
AFFILIATED CLUBS AND BUSINESSES
We actively promote our naturist and nudist parks, clubs and resorts and affiliated bed and breakfast destinations. Visit one today!
YOUTH CAMPS & SCHOLARSHIPS
We host annual summer camps so the kids can enjoy swimming, hiking, and crafts under the watchful eyes of our trained counselors. AANR-West awards scholarships to deserving young people.
GOV’T AFFAIRS & LEGAL ADVICE
We constantly monitor legislation that might harm our way of life. If you need legal advice, our attorney will work with yours to encourage a positive outcome.
We sponsor seasonal festivals at different nudist parks each year so that members of different clubs can come together in a shared fun experience.
Many of our clubs sponsor 5K runs that attract hundreds of non-nudists each year to give nudity (except for the shoes) a try! There is also an inter-club volleyball tournament and an annual Summer Games competition with medals and trophies awarded. Also, a growing number of clubs have pickleball courts!
Our booths at different Travel, RV, or Earth Day shows helps to introduce our chosen way of life to members of the general public – always with a great response!
PUBLIC LANDS ADVOCACY
We actively support the expansion of nude recreation onto more beaches, national forests, and state parks.
At AANR-West, we promote the wholesome benefits of social nudity through our educational programs, meetings, and get togethers. We also advocate for preserving clothing-optional beaches, lakes, hot springs and hiking trails throughout the Western U.S., as well as existing nude recreation parks and resorts.
As law-abiding citizens who are friends of nudism, including many members of the American Association for Nude Recreation, we proudly affirm that we have and are entitled to exercise the following rights. These are self-evident and based on the Constitutions of the United States and Canada, the laws of those countries, and their court rulings.
- Nudists have the right to hold their values and beliefs.
- Nudists have the right to petition and be heard by their governments.
- Nudists have the right to responsibly enjoy nudity within their homes and on private property.
- Nudists have the right to exercise decision-making in the upbringing of their families in a manner consistent with their beliefs and without interference from others.
- Nudists have the right to assemble in the nude within appropriate settings.
- Nudists have the right to decisions about what constitutes acceptable nudity to be made free from considerations of age, gender, marital status, religious beliefs, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
- Nudists have the right to responsibly enjoy being nude within appropriate locations on public lands.
- Nudists have the right to be free from adverse actions by their employers as a result of their lawful enjoyment of nudity when away from work.
- Nudists have the right to experience accurate, life-affirming portrayals of the human body in all its stages as depicted in the performing arts, the fine arts, literature, and human history.
- Nudists have the right to be treated as law-abiding citizens.